Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Focus

This blog began as a dare. I was told that there was nothing preventing me from having a forum to express my creativity, frustration, opinion, or musings, whenever I felt the urge to do so. So I created this space...then nearly never used it. Having had a couple of years to reflect on just why I've not been a more consistent publisher, I think the reason is lack of purpose or focus for the blog, and perhaps being immersed in work for which I am paid.

After consideration of whether this should be place to rant on whatever strikes me, or to establish a focus and thus, a following, I've decided this space is not about profession. It's about what I think about just about anything, a creative outlet for my feelings, observations and recurring epiphanies.

Perhaps it would be beneficial to consider creating another blog where all my posts are related to my specific area of expertise, being Marketing. There I will publish my take on what's hot, what's not, what works, what doesn't, emerging platforms and strategies, etc. This will allow me to build a portfolio of editorial that other publications may have interest in paying me to use.

So, look out for an announcement on where to find that blog, once I have a chance to get that up and running. Perhaps my next career opportunity will provide inspiration for professional content related to the healthcare marketing field. I've got a first phone interview with a potential employer today, and I'm excited to learn if I am a good match for them. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

And there you have it.


No comments: