Thursday, October 04, 2012

Quiz

Q is for quiz. 

A couple of days ago I got what I thought was a pretty cool assignment at work. Up until then, I'd say my duties would have to be classified as purely tactical and not requiring much in the way of skills or smarts. Sad, but true.

I overheard a discussion about how one of the girls had just recalled that in order for participants in a webinar to get what they truly wanted from their attendance (PACE credits) they'd have to pass a ten question quiz. Then there was some discussion on the presenter and her likelihood of being reachable enough to provide said quiz on her topic.

Next thing I knew, I was assigned the task of drafting that quiz. Nevermind that I was the newest kid on the block, and didn't even know the definition of autovalidation, much less the ins and outs of its benefit in a lab setting if used correctly, or the regulations that apparently apply to its use. All I was told was to review the presentation PowerPoint and attempt to draft ten questions that would prove the attendees had understood the material presented. I LOVE that kind of thing. So I wrote the quiz. Hilarious. 

I've still not heard if my attempt was successful. I have to admit my ego is dying to hear that what I culled from the material in fact resulted in a perfectly suitable quiz. But either way, it was the first time I felt challenged and engaged in the duty at hand since I started two months ago. 

Don't get me wrong, I am happy to have my job, and always try to perform all my tasks with diligence and a good attitude, but this one I relished. I wonder if I missed my calling and should have been a teacher so I could write quizzes to my heart's content! Probably not. 

And there you have it! 


No comments: