Friday, August 15, 2008

Wing Spread Pending

Today I woke up full of life, all about possibilities. I attribute this to the new opportunity I have created for myself. No longer will I have to wake up dreading the fact that I work for a company where there is no consideration for my well being. Fight, though I did, for a shift in culture, it was ultimately to no avail. I am free from that for good! I feel good about my contribution and even better about my departure!

I've accepted a new position and I am excited about being given the task of creating a team of talented marketing professionals. My aim is to align the team on a shared, mutually beneficial goal. I hope to inspire them by example to work diligently (but always with the proper dose of fun and freedom in the mix) toward increasing sales of clean air solutions. I am going to learn from them as well teach them, I am going to respect their privacy and their commitments to family and fitness and education. Balance will be key in my management style.

I've learned something about me in this transition. I like beginning. I like the clean slate, the empty canvas, the shot that starts the race. It is in beginning where I feel the most agency - unaffected by judgments, history, pre-conceived notions, imposed or imagined limitations.

Ready. Set. Go!

And there you have it!

No comments: