Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Can Do It at Sea

I believe life is pointing me (more urgently than ever) toward actually embarking on the adventure of writing novels.
It's been my waking dream for ages, and it appears the planets (and my wonderful mother and true love) are aligning to support me in taking steps to see it come true. If it's meant to be, very soon I will be facing my own fears and self doubt, somehow getting out of my own way, and putting it all together on the "I Can Do It at Sea" Hay House Writer's Workshop.

I have had ideas for two or three books for some time now, and have taken some of the steps toward making them a reality, including the worthy pursuit of a degree in English, but I have lacked the courage, discipline, practical industry knowledge and contacts to take them from idea to actual print on pages. It feels like recent events are indicating that the time is now.

So, I humbly asked for Divine guidance and made God and myself a promise to align my will and determination with His/Her blessing for the project(s). If it is meant to be, I will soon set sail toward my dream destination of being a published author. I pray I will be divinely inspired to properly interpret and convey an important message in an engaging and entertaining manner. If it goes a step further and invokes a conscious raising thought and maybe even change some lives for the better, then the blessing will be even greater.

I'm so proud that I resisted the urge to turn a phrase and make a next chapter of my life pun. Oh wait, I guess I just did it anyway.

And there you have it.

No comments: