Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Black, White and True

I had a therapy session once with a lady I had not hired, and didn't initially like all that much. I had my reasons. I'm glad I didn't let that stop me from hearing her on this one key point that I've returned to time and again for balance in my relationships.
She told me about the three of us, all living inside of me. Catherine Black, Catherine White and Catherine True.
If it's not obvious enough, two of the three would take involuntary turns seeming completely justified to the ego while the one who lived where love, peace and true partnership could be found, couldn't be found anywhere.
Perhaps the 13th century poet Rumi could foresee that destination when he wrote:
"Out beyond rightdoing and wrongdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there."
I'm just now starting to experience the joy of long walks in that field. I'm grateful to friends, family, books, dreams, experiences great and tragic ... and God for the opportunity.
And there you have it.

No comments: