Friday, November 05, 2010

Accidents?

Last Friday I went down to Newport Beach to enjoy a little break from my job search, some nice weather, and much needed exercise. When it was all over, I felt recharged and happily headed for home ready to conquer anything. In the next instant I was unfortunately rear-ended by a Dodge Ram 1500 while at a full stop to yield an emergency vehicle. I was in my Honda Accord. The Ram won. The impact made such a loud sound that I wasn't exactly sure right away what had happened. It sent items flying from my front console to the back seat and introduced my knees to the under side of my dashboard. While still stunned, I managed to discern that I should pull out of the intersection and into a nearby parking lot, so I did. The driver of the truck soon followed.

He actually asked me why I had stopped for the emergency vehicle, but not until after he called his daddy who arrived just a few short minutes later. After reminding him that it was he who hit me, we (me and the driver of the Ram) exchanged information. The police man who had been parked in his vehicle in the gas station next door told us we didn't need a police report, so we didn't file one.

Later, I made a trip to the Emergency Room, and I'm glad I did. Now I'm home, suffering from some of the most extreme back pain I have ever experienced and hoping it is all very temporary. I have a follow-up appointment with my doctor this afternoon to determine the next course of action to take toward recovery.

I wonder what it all means. These last few months have been very out of the ordinary - and in so many ways. All areas of life seem to be affected (work, home, family, romantic relations, friendships, etc.) I sometimes wish I could pull the lens back and get a glimpse at the bigger picture to better understand the workings of the world and my particular role in the unfolding drama(s).

Sometimes I get little urgings, intuitive insights, moments of inspiration and they seem like glimpses at the bigger picture, little gifts from God. I pray that I will be able to tune into those more and more as my life progresses, so that I do what is best suited to my purpose on this planet this time around.

Right now, I am fighting off the feeling of purposelessness. I feel stalled in my professional life and limited in my physical ability.

In turn, I am really grateful for the love in my life and wonder if all this other stuff happened to allow love to blossom during a time where I am free to truly embrace and appreciate it.

I will focus on healing and remain open to the next chapter in my professional life coming into focus here soon. God has always blessed and protected me, now is no different. It could have been so much worse in so many ways. I will remain confident that I am just where I belong and do my part to the best of my ability on all fronts. I get knocked down, but I get up again...and again.

And there you have it.



No comments: