Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thanks

We're approaching what has always been my favorite holiday. Thanksgiving. I want to put down all the things I can think of for which I am thankful. It's been a rough few months here in a number of ways, but I love that my heart can still feel gratitude for all the ways I am blessed in this life. Here they are in no particular order.

  1. I have presence of mind, a healthy constitution, and a spiritual connection that gives me faith that I am just where I was meant to be... even if I don't understand the big picture.
  2. My mother is alive, awake, alert, joyous and enthusiastic about life (at 80!) and is coming to stay with me for the holiday, as she has for several years in a row. I want to soak up her awesome spirit and pour love and gratitude on her while she's here.
  3. My son, Bryce Gregory Slatic, whom I love with all my heart and am grateful to see looking and sounding like he's ready to turn a corner toward a bright future.
  4. The immense love I feel growing in my heart for the man in my life. What a gift it is to feel loved just as I am, and a joy to be able to love him in that way. A full and rich experience of loving another. Thank you sweetheart.
  5. My safe and comfortable abode.
  6. My lovely Leah who has brought me so many joys over the years with her determination, humor, generally good nature and passion for so many things. I love you Shashi!
  7. My large and amazing family. I could never ask for more loving, awesome, supporting, hilarious siblings.
  8. My core group of friends who have been with me for so many years. You know who you are and have all given me so much. Thank you for all the richness you've added to my life.
  9. SRF - finding this path has made all the difference in my life. I am grateful for Paramahansa Yogananda taking the time to put out so many inspirational and transformational writings that inspire and enable us to attune our lives with Divine Wisdom.
  10. Humor
  11. Art
  12. Flowers
  13. Sunsets (and rises)
  14. Waves
  15. Music
  16. Dance
  17. Intuition
  18. Good Writing
  19. My education at UCI
  20. Humility
  21. Grace
I'm sure there are so many more things for which I am thankful that I didn't manage to list, but I got a good start. I really feel it raises one's consciousness to count their blessings. I encourage everyone to try it, not just at Thanksgiving, but any time of year.

And there you have it!

No comments: