Monday, September 24, 2012

June

J is for June. I just learned that my nephew is going to take a walk down the aisle next June! My brother and his wife have decided to rent a big house on a lake and host our whole family for this monumental occasion. I think I'm in. I told her I'd be there and that she should send the invitation to Mr. and Mrs. Shawn Grant Polly as we will be wed by then! (Wow. It's coming faster than I thought)

June is big for tying the knot. I wonder when/how that all got started? Maybe it was back in the day when people often married straight out of high school and had to graduate first. The next available month was June. Maybe it has more to do with weather. Perhaps in most states, where the weather can be restrictive several months out of the year, June has trended as the most weather friendly.

I've now been married twice, but never chose June. My fiancé has been married also, yet he has never chosen June either. Maybe that's where we both went wrong. I wonder if there's ever been any research on whether or not marrying in June makes one less (or more) likely to be divorced.

I guess for me, I thought June bride stuff was cliché, and I didn't want any part of it. I say that so boldly after choosing Valentine's Day! Ha! I had to stick to a three hour time slot so all the other completely original brides like me who steered clear of June could fit their wedding in on the other most obvious day of the year to say I do!

Well, all I can say is that now I have something fabulous to which I will look forward after my own wedding. I love to be with my huge family and I believe everyone will make it out to Georgia for this one. Apparently the house they intend to rent is huge and has a pool table, a pool, a boat dock, etc. They have a boat and a couple jet skis also, so there should be good fun had by all. I'm excited to see next June. We'll cut the cake and cut a rug and cut up a bit I'm sure. And, God willing, my lovely mother will be turning 83 a week or two later and this will be an awesome opportunity for all six of her kids and hopefully, all 11 grandkids to be with her as well. Dum dum da dum...cut the cake!

And there you have it!

No comments: